Thursday, May 19, 2016

Culture Jammer


Danielle
“Culture Jammer”
Made in Photoshop CC
Date: May 18th

Technical
It was quite easy. I found a picture I thought would work and added my re-made Forever 21 logo.

Idea or Concept
I wanted to slam Forever 21 because recently when I went in with my little sister, their clothes could most likely fit my nine year old sister (who is quite thin) perfectly. Not very good for people with low self-esteem.

Influences
No artists influenced me with this piece.

Composition
I didn't do much to the picture. The logo stands out which brings attention to the slam. Otherwise, the monochrome doesn't really allow much movement of the eye. At the same time though I think it works because the eye is brought to the logo which is the slam against Forever 21.

Motivation
As I said before, I want to slam Forever 21 because their clothes don't fit healthy 21 year olds. They fit normal 9 year olds. I feel like twelve year olds may hardly fit in their clothes (That may be an exaggeration). I didn't really explore any visual ideas. I just wanted the logo/slam to pop. Nothing during the process surprised me. With additional time I probably would've gotten a different picture and/or did some more editing on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment