Thursday, May 19, 2016

Toy Hack


Danielle
“Toy Hack”
Made from used toys.
Date: May 18th

Technical
To create these, I went through the pile of used toys we were given. I found a fairy doll and an MLP. I took the wings off the fairy and then thought I could turn it into a centaur. I cut the doll and pony in half and hot-glued the fairy's upper body to the pony's. I used the fairy's dress to hide where the bodies combine, and added the wings onto its head. I also added a little button like thing as decoration on the dress. I then used the horses head and attached  it to the fairy's legs. I then hot-glued a giraffe toy's behind onto it, after cutting off the giraffe's head. I then cut off the horse's hair and wrapped it around its neck. I also wrapped the body in black yarn and added "earrings" to the horse's ears.

Idea or Concept
My idea came after finding the fairy and the MLP. I thought I could turn the fairy into a centaur. After I made my centaur, I figured I could put the horse's head onto the fairy's body, like a reverse centaur. I then found a toy giraffe and added that t my reverse centaur to make it stand on its own.

Influences
No artists influenced my work.

Composition
I think I did a good job at hiding where the two toys are fused together. The bright colours on both attract and move your eyes around into the darker parts.

Motivation
I wanted to make something better than what I did last year. I believe I achieved that. This toy hack looks more realistic than last years. After seeing the toys, I decided to make a centaur like-toy. I think that the believability of my toy hack is interesting and successful. I was surprised by how quickly I was able to make my toy hacks. It took me only one class for each toy (if I remember correctly). With additional time and more toys I probably could've created something completely different, or thought of more decorations I could have added on.

No comments:

Post a Comment