Thursday, April 2, 2015

My Art Movie: On That Day


Danielle MacDonald
"My Art Movie: On That Day"
Adobe Premiere Pro
April 2nd, 2015

TECHNICAL
For this, I added my videos into the media folder in Adobe Premiere Pro and went from there. I selected small clips from them and my story took form.

IDEA OR CONCEPT
For this work, I thought of a story where a man could be investigating a tragic past event. In a flashback what happened is revealed and cuts off right before the baby tips over. This may or may not represent someone the man new and/or had known. At first, my story was way too basic. It had no interesting elements to it. I changed this by adding flashes of the barbed wire and the creepy dolls, because who doesn't like creepy dolls?

INFLUENCES
There were no influences for me. I came up with this all on my own.

COMPOSITION
I think that the clips go together easily. Whether they cut to another clip, or fade in with a transition, I feel like I did a good job connecting them together. I also think that the flashes of the creepy dolls and the "fire rain" improve it by adding a mysterious element to it. It makes you wonder, just what exactly happened, and why is affecting this man? Was he involved with it somehow?

MOTIVATION
I at first had no idea what I was going to do, but then my story came to me. I put it together in a basic manner, before adding some more interesting elements. I make my own videos at home, but instead with Windows Movie Maker (which I think is fine and easy to use) so I didn't have much trouble using this program to make an interesting video.

CRITICAL ASSESSMENT
I found the layer blending pretty cool, since that's not possible in Windows Movie Maker. I think it added "spunk" to my video. I wasn't too surprised with anything in particular since I;m used to making videos and adding music to them. I do/did have more time, but I don't know what else I would do or add. I can't think of anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment