Friday, February 26, 2016

Koalaguin


Danielle
"Koalaguin"
Made in Photoshop CC
Feb 26, 2016

Technical
For this work, I took the head of a koala and placed it on top of the penguin's heads. I used layer masks so that I wasn't permanently erasing the pictures and then I posed them on top of the penguin's heads, rotating and flipping to cover the heads.

Idea or Concept
Originally, I was going to use a capybara and I believe a koala for this project. I created a picture I didn't initially like. It ended up getting deleted after issues with the computer. I then took the penguin and koala pictures from the sample picture folder and put them together, resulting in this.

Influences
I did not have any influences for this piece.

Composition
This piece immediately draws the viewers eyes to the koala heads as they are grey in a picture full of blue (and a bit of yellow).

Motivation
Other than completing this as an assignment, I thought it would be cool to try to create a (somewhat realistic) picture where one animal's head is on a different animals body. I think that although the koala heads don't necessarily blend in the best, I think they fit better than I had thought they would. I was surprised how they fit together better than I had expected. With additional time I would figure out a way to blend the Koala heads with the penguin necks better to make it look even a bit more realistic.

No comments:

Post a Comment