Monday, February 29, 2016

Double Exposure

Danielle
"Double Exposure"
Made in Photoshop CC
February 29th, 2016
&
June 9th, 2016

Technical
TOP:
To start off, I took pictures from the internet, found here: 
I then opened the picture of the person (in my case Evan Peters) and used a layer mask to "hide" everything but him. I then opened the background pictures and placed them where I thought they would look good. I then created layer masks on all the pictures. I Ctrl-clicked the person layer and in the layer masks of the background pictures, "hid" everything outside the selected area. After I was happy with that, I went through the layer blends until I liked how the background pictures looked (but this is not necessary). Next I made a duplicate of the person layer and placed it on top. I then went through the layers blends until I got what I liked, which is the result up top.

BOTTOM:
I took my own pictures and opened them in photoshop. I then played around with the pictures using my memories of my double exposure from February, and got this.
Idea or Concept
TOP:
The first idea that popped into my head was taking a picture of Evan Peters and using dark forest backgrounds to represent Peters' character Tate Langdon from American Horror Story, who is dark and mysterious.

BOTTOM:
I took a picture of my pug Buster and a picture from the Scenic Caves because Buster is quite adventurous. He loves to go on walks in nature and seems to loves trees.
Influences
No artist influenced me on this piece.
Composition
TOP:
I like how my eyes move around the piece. They go from the darker part at the bottom left to the lighter parts, up to the black birds flying above in the white. I also feel that my eyes follow the trees and branches up to the top, which again leads to the birds flying up above.

BOTTOM:
I feel that Buster's lighter face is the center of attention but allows the eye to move on tot he darker green trees in the background.
Motivation
Other than completing this for class, I thought it would be cool what I could create using this technique. I wanted to see if I really could make something like this that appears dark, and mysterious and also another cute picture of my pug. I like how the pieces look overall. With additional time, I would have experimented further and see what else I could create and add to this piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment