Friday, February 26, 2016

Mandala



Danielle
"Mandala"
Made in Photoshop
Thurs, Feb 18th, 2016

Technical
I first opened a picture of a peacock feather in Photoshop CC. I then changed the canvas size by twice the height and moved the picture to the top. I then duplicated the layer and flipped the copy vertically and moved it to the bottom of the page. I then flattened the layers with Ctrl+E. Next I changed the canvas size to twice the width and moved the picture to the right side, then duplicated the layer and flipped it horizontally before moving it to the left. Again I flattened the layers. Next I duplicated the layer and rotated it by 20 degrees. I did the same for the next seven copies (nine layers altogether - eight copies and original layer). Next I selected all the layers and converted them into a Smart Object. After that, I went into Layer - Smart Objects - Stack Mode. I then went through the different Stack Modes and choose the Mandala I liked the best.

Idea or Concept
I didn't really have many ideas with this. I took a picture of a colourful peacock feather from the internet and followed the tutorial, which then resulted in this.

Influences
I didn't have any influences for this project.

Composition
I feel that the different colours that resulted from this make the eye look all around. The greens, pinks and purples (and any other colours hiding in there) mix together wonderfully, creating a colourful piece that is easy on the eye.

Motivation
Other than fulfilling the requirements, I wanted to create a (hopefully) colourful piece that I thought looked nice. I ended up creating multiple that I really liked but settled on this one (the one above) as my absolute favourite. I like the colours. They all go together beautifully. I was surprised by how many different and cool designs I could create with this tutorial. With additional time I would choose different picture and create even more, as there is not much, if anything, that I could do to improve this mandala.

No comments:

Post a Comment